Saturday, June 22, 2013

France with Laurel

I have been in France with Laurel for five days now. The time together has been great. Drinking coffee, enjoying the sun, visiting Paris, going on runs, sleeping in, playing guitar, riding trains and drinking more coffee.

Tomorrow early morning I head to Amsterdam for the last leg of my journey. I will be spending a couple of days there and then heading back home on tuesday. My sole purpose for going to Amsterdam is not the lack of certain laws, but rather to go see a watch shop. When I knew I was coming to Europe I had to go. So, Dad booked my outgoing ticket from Amsterdam. That may sound totally lame, especially if you see my watch. "Corrie, you got your watch for $10 at Target." Of course there is more to the story.

I am named after Corrie Ten Boom, She grew up in Haarlem, and during World War II her family hid Jews in their home. She was eventually caught and sent to a concentration camp. Her Book "The Hiding Place," is amazing and is an easy read. The Ten Boom Watch Shop is typically closed on mondays, but through an interesting turn of events they happen to be open this coming monday and I will get to see this home. I will get to see her room and where they hid the people. Please read this book, it is so so good.

I am thrilled.

I am enjoying my time here and with the Furters. We have had many wonderful meals and even a water fight that hit its climax when Sandrine threw me in the pool. Laurel and I have gone running through muddy trails, I think I am supposed to join her on a six mile run today. Pray that I make it! I am not a cross country runner like her.

Dad has reminded me to not "unplug" before I head home. That is good advice for me. Some friends of my remind their son to keep his eyes open. Pray that I can do that during the rest of my time here. Come next week I will be home. But for now, I am here.

:)

Corrie

Prayer requests:
Good travels with the train (I have to get up at like Four AM)
Peace
Communication
To enjoy my remaining time
Excitement :)

No comments:

Post a Comment