Monday, June 17, 2013

Time in Spain

Hello Friends!!!

My time is Spain is coming to an end. About a week ago I was homesick and ready to see my family, nothing against my family, but now I am sad to leave.

Sorry I have not blogged in the past few weeks. They have been full!

I spent 3 days in Morocco, I have worked on putting finish on a office, I have gone to a water park, watched musicals, cooked, had Austin Boatwright come visit, and many other great things.

Most of you are probably wondering how Morocco was. It was a lot of things. It was beautiful. It was different. The food was so great. I had my first experience with culture shock. I have never been in a country where I could hear the call to prayer for the Muslim community. I have also never been in a country where the majority of women have their hair covered, and some their faces as well. I have never been in a country where Christians were experiencing persecution. The trip consisted of riding a camel, eating, drinking coffee and tea, buying gifts in a market, going to a church service, insane car rides, visiting a english class, and many conversations over meals.

Since returning to Spain, I have enjoyed wearing shorts and tank tops in hot weather, but I have also been praying for the missionaries and Christians in Morocco. Join me in prayer for them.
- Resources
- People
- Safety
- Encouragement
- Healing for Joy who has cancer
- Community of Believers

So as I am spending my last day in Spain please pray for me as I head to Paris tomorrow to see Laurel! I am really stressed about luggage and weight of my luggage. I also need to find a hard guitar case today and that is really stressing me out. Okay so some things to be praying for.
- Finances
- Luggage
- Affordable guitar case
- Peace
- Ability to Communicate

Thanks folks!

Here are some pictures



Chicken Bog with Austin!


This is in Morocco and in the distance you see spain. 


Ali Ababa my camel 


Café Fuente with fellow interns Hannah and Vanessa


When you order a fish, you get the whole thing.


Selfie with a camel. naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment