Monday, June 3, 2013

Lately.

I have done quite a bit in the past week!

I have visited Toledo and Avila. Both cities were wonderful. I got a guitar from Manuel Rodriguez and Sons Click here to see their website. It is a beautiful guitar and I am working on learning to play it. I spent a good bit of time this past week with the Wallace Family, I was helping them with painting on the new office.

When I think about the short amount of time I get here it makes me sad. I am really enjoying it here and am having a wonderful time living with Tori. Everyone keeps asking me how I am finding Spain. What has been so very different from my home. etc. It is hard to answer because it has not been a very difficult transition at all. The only thing I really miss from home are friends and family and the time difference is a bit annoying. I do not even miss chick-fil-a. shocking. Sure there are cultural differences, however, I am just enjoying them. This has been such a blessing because I was so worried about coming. I am feeling refreshed, and just really having a wonderful time.

Funny thing. People also ask me how I like the food. I LOVE IT. They pretty much think I only eat hotdogs, hamburgers and pizza. jokes on them I dont eat hotdogs, I rarely eat hamburgers and I only really like some pizza. My family eats international food a lot, so the food here is just really good.

I am rather at a loss for words as to what to write at the moment so on to pictures!!! (Sidenote. I am no photographer)


This is Toledo. From a car.
 
This is me and Shawna using these things correctly. (Photo cred: Tori)

I believe this is a bull. This photo is from Avila and taken by Kellie.

A lovely day in Avila. Photo by Kellie. 


A view of Avila. 

Side of the Cathedral. Work on this Cathedral began in the 11 hundreds. 


Towards the back of the Cathedral.

Parts of Avila. 


Buildings. 


View from the Wall.

Tori and I eating ice cream. (Tori's photo)

Me being awesome drinking water. (Tori's photo)

Tori and I made sunday dinner. 

This was in a coffee shop. Merica. 


cd

Also. Please give me feedback about the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment