Monday, October 7, 2013

Corrie's Fall Status Update

So of course I'm enjoying fall like everyone else you know. I have gotten to see family, I have gone to weddings and I have gone to funerals. I have cried, and I have laughed until my abs were burning.



It has begun to cool off, I'm wearing jeans again (did I ever really stop wearing them?), drinking coffee (I always do this), my chacos are about to be sent for repair so clearly this has been a heartbreaking time for me. I have tried to wear an old pair of rainbows, the beach girl in me was fighting with my love of mountains. I have to say. Chacos win. Every time. Sorry Dad.  
I also made pumpkin bread with my roommate. We figured we may need to give some away because the recipe made so much, we were wrong, apparently 3 girls can eat 3 loaves of pumpkin bread in a matter of days. Who knew?
I have also gone hiking this fall, and while hiking in the fall I had my share of slips and falls. I'm fine. Paris Mountain was really pretty even though the leaves were not all yellow and orange, and we did not even summit, however, walking in the woods for 3 hours was great.
This fall I have figured out when I am graduating! I get to finish next December! So exciting. It will be a hard year, but I am stoked to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I have been attending Downtown Presbyterian Church and I love it. I am really enjoying going with another friend from CIU and her husband. It is so nice to have friends to go to church with.
I am in need of a part time job starting around November, when one of my current jobs will be ending. If you know of someone who has something I can do, and can work with my a little bit hectic schedule, I would need like 10 hours a week. Pray for me, it is a financially stressful time for me.
School is going well and I am liking being in a high school one day a week. I am happy that I am liking it more that I expected. I am really enjoying my special education and the law class even though I have realized how little I know about our judicial system.
Overall the fall has been great. I have been checking out books from the library that have absolutely nothing to do with school. It is nice to remember that I love to read novels. I have been doing Pilates with one of my roommates and it kicks my butt.
Clemson now has a bus running from Greenville to Clemson during the week, even though I have to get up earlier it is a definite blessing to be able to have those hours back during my week to do homework.
Living away from home and college friends is hard. The years after college are difficult, they can be uncomfortable.. There are lonely times. But it has also been a time for me to remember the things I enjoy and take time to do them even in my busyness. I know a lot of people my age feel this way. Go look at buzzfeed and you will realize you are not the only young adult feeling a little lost. I like to be honest about the difficulty.  It is hard. But it is also good. There are good times now, and I think this season will create good things in me. I just need to keep walking.



This update is not a beautifully written, profound and inspiring blog. BUT, it is my current update. It may not seem coherent, and quite frankly I rarely edit these so it may be confusing.


Enjoy the Fall,
Corrie


* Photo credit goes to Laurel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment