Monday, November 19, 2012

And The World Spins Madly On/Times They Are A-Changin'

My last post was written in March of this year. It is now November 19th and much has changed. Things in my life now are much different than they were a year ago.

Change is one of those things I am not good at. I can do school, I can clean (when I want to), I can problem solve. But change...I'd rather not.

I think that God has to push me into things because otherwise I would be content to stay where I am.

Cheesy first day of school picture

So a quick update:
I am in grad school at Clemson pursuing a Masters of Education in School Counseling. Mostly this semester has been review or learning about this new profession. I sometimes am excited, sometimes stressed, and sometimes confused. But overall I feel like this is where I am supposed to be right now. I really like my cohort and lately we have been hanging out more so that is great. My cohort is all females, so it is a strange shift from Rockmont.
I am working at Chick-fil-a a couple of days a week and tutoring Athletes at Vickery Hall. I really enjoy tutoring, it is something I never really thought that I would be good at because Mom and Dad tried to get me to help Laurel with math and we just ended up fighting, so I thought I couldn't tutor. But I really enjoy it and they students are great.
I am still looking for a church in Greenville, it is kind of overwhelming to decide where to go to church, especially doing it by myself. Not a huge fan, but practicing peace and contentment without answers.

So I am being moved into something else. I am in a new place, with new people and jobs and classes etc. But I am really having to learn how to trust the Lord without a result.

Well I really need to drink coffee, eat breakfast/lunch brunch?, and do homework for tonight (eh I'm a slacker)

Hopefully I will get better at this blog thing.

cd

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you as you are in this new stage of life! It sounds like you are enjoying it, even if you don't like change : )

    I hope you do blog more! I enjoy reading your posts.

    -Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my good friends goes to church in Greenville. Want me to ask her where she goes?? Glad you wrote:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cohort was also all women...it was awesome. Can see how you might not share the same view, however. Can't believe you are already doing a skills class. Hopefully they emphasize congruence, unconditional positive regard, and empathy.

    ReplyDelete