Tuesday, December 18, 2012

1 semester down 4 to go.


I’ve been home now for about a week, and have yet to actually do my christmas shopping. Me and Nate team up every year. This is how it works: I get the credit while using some of his cash flow. Sadly that is a pretty accurate account. One year we decapaged the cover of journals or sketch books for each family member, everyone thanked me, except nate. We really have not been that creative since then, maybe this year?  We are a good team and it is more fun to buy presents with people helping you decide what to get. Maybe we can start today. 



Almost all of the kids are home. All except JM, he is still in Savannah working on a film. Break has been pretty fun, even though most of us have just been sleeping half the day. Me and Laurel are also mid-Alias addictions. We are pros at getting through a season faster than anyone should. Unfortunately we are not in the same seasons and are watching it separately. 

I finished the semester strong and I am hoping to return as a better student. If you are confused by this last sentence what it means is I got good grades, but I was on the internet a lot during class. I also got a new job! I am working for emiliecarol photography, I am the new office assistant! (starting in January) So no more Chick-fil-a. 

Glimpses of Break:
-Finally showered. Mom was not too happy to find out that I hadn't showered until yesterday. She was also not happy that I put it on Facebook. Nate says that is why I am single. I say it makes me a great catch, I save money on water and toiletries. 

- Charis and I wear the same size shoe. So we have been sharing, she has a great pair of boots and she likes my vans so we are both enjoying our shoe collections. 

- Lottie has a mild version of the flu, so she is quarantined. I stayed home with her last night and we made Christmas cards. She wore a mask and gloves. It was pretty comical. We also did it without pinterest. Whenever I do cool things without the help of the interwebs I feel like a champ.  

Welp, I need some coffee in my system 

cd


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on going through seasons waaay too fast!
    Congrats on finishing your first semester of grad school =)
    And, have a merry christmas shopping time!

    P.S. The mask and gloves sounds like a great idea. Will have to keep that in mind (germaphobia!).

    ReplyDelete