Friday, January 11, 2013

Milk comes in this size!?

At home when we run out of a gallon of milk, you go to the fridge in the back and see if there is one there. Yes we have two refrigerators  We also have an extra freezer. The total comes to three. Unless we mention the mini-fridge in the office. Meal time at home is great, someone usually gets in a fight with someone else, someone steals "nate's seat," Dad asks us about our days, we get on tangents, Charis and I laugh and talk at the same time, Dad makes fun of us, one of the kids who is at school calls and get put on speakerphone. I love when we all ate dinner together. We have done it sense I was little. Of course half of us are away, but whoever is home still eats together.
I am of course away at school, so I have my own crazy meal schedule. Working two jobs and taking classes in two different cities means meal times are pretty different every day. My roommates and I are on different schedules as well. So it is usually me just eating on my own. Sometimes with the company of The West Wing. This morning I am excited to get to go see my friend Carrie for her birthday, and I am excited to get to share meals together.
I think I have been thinking about this more because I am no longer in undergrad. Last year when I was in the apartments, I just usually made extra and invited people over, or I walked up to the caf and ate with folks. This year I can't just make Emma, Lissy or Laurel eat my food. I am having to learn to cook for one. This isn't really a sad post, in fact it is a seasonal post, and I like my along time. I am having to learn not to cook all the potatoes. I am having to buy a super small amount of things that will go bad. It is funny that I can cook for a crowd, but cooking for one is tough! of course I almost always have leftovers.
Anyways back to the milk. I have for about three years tried to buy milk and it goes bad. I just do not drink it enough. When I first had to buy it, I was annoyed I had to buy the smaller size because it was not the best deal. It still went bad. So yesterday I bought a quart of milk. Here is to attempting not to let the milk go bad!

1 comment: