Friday, February 22, 2013

Hey Corrie Tell Me the Story of Hey Corrie Tell Me A Story

While perusing facebook I read a friends blogpost. (click on her name)

Madi Robertson

Madi is one of those friends who you sit with in the kitchen drinking coffee or tea and eating food. (That is one of my favorite kinds of friend). We have been friends since Junior year of high school! ALMOST SEVEN YEARS what the what?!? She writes incredibly well, and has much deeper thoughts than I do. Read her blog, it is the bomb. Her most recent post about Heavy boots really resonated with me.

Anyways.

Madi told me I should write about why my blog is named hey corrie tell me a story. The name is full of cheesy. Which really is not my favorite thing. But I needed a name for the blog and I came up with this. Well I actually did not come up with it originally. It was the title of a song. Written about me.

It is a great story, one my family loves, and my friends from undergrad.

Basically my friend Emily lived across the hall from me, she had an older brother at school. Wendell. He was a senior but was our friend because we were super mature freshman. (not true at all). We were sitting across from one another in the Caf and he started putting my name in songs. Wendell pretty much always had songs in his head. I of course turned red immediately and made him stop. But from then on he just did it whenever he saw me. He told me he was gonna write me a love song. I just turned more red and told him to stop. Well....one day after a freshman event a bunch of us were sitting in the caf and this guy named David who was a senior came up to me to talk about my brother bike. The entire conversation I just kept thinking, why is he talking to me?, I'm quite confused. THEN out of nowhere Wendell is there with a guitar singing me a song. In front of the entire cafeteria. How embarrassing. And hilarious. Of course I was split between loving it and hating it.

Many thought Wendell and I were in love after this song. They really did not know the backstory, just the love song in the cafeteria.

So here it is! enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=47958156514

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I remember that day in the caf. Actually, I think I was sitting there when it all happened. So funny!

    Well, I like reading your blog : )

    ReplyDelete