Monday, May 13, 2013

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I get on a plane. People keep asking if I am excited. I usually answer "somewhat, stressed and nervous at the moment." The other thought I have is this...


Today was great...for the most part. Charis and Lottie decided not to go to school and stay with me and help me pack. They also got to clean their rooms, so mom was happy. We got to get Chick-Fil-A AND Most of my list is packed. As I began to stress about the finances for the trip, my Dad reminds me that the Lord has called me and he will provide. Then of course I get a letter from the bank that I had overdrafted on my account, and I had to go pay way more money than I really wanted. So then some tears came. But after I finished crying about it, the Lord showed his goodness by providing more finances for my trip.

 I then had a relaxing evening, that included a bike ride and prayer for my trip. 

I do not really know what the next six weeks hold. My last four summers, though all different, have had an element of redundancy. This summer does not. That is a scary thing, and an awesome thing. It is not like me to break out of my pattern. I feel a lot like Bilbo, rather forced out on the adventure, but it is going to be good. I am getting excited. 

Tomorrow I board a plane. By myself. :)

Prayer Requests:
- For no anxiety and for peace
- For good rest
- For times to work out
- For my love for Jesus to grow and my walk with him deeper
- For me to bless the people I come in contact with
- For me to be listening to the Lord and for me to be obedient
- For me to have fun

I would love emails, facebook messages, and any other ways you wanna contact me. 

Love, Corrie

Two passages that I hope to be remembering tomorrow:

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Psalm 139:9-10
"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

2 comments:

  1. Have an amazing time!
    I can't wait to see your updates :)

    Happy adventuring!
    And, should you find yourself stranded someplace, pause, freak out just a little, and then remember what an awesome story it will be. Then, go with it and have fun!

    -Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want you to know that I am praying for you - especially as you fly - and that in the midst of travelling you will have God's peace, wisdom and discernment.

    ReplyDelete