Sunday, March 30, 2014

Childhood Celebrity Crushes

If you were homeschooled and from a large family, then there are probably many things that you thought were normal and later in life realized how strange you must have been.

For example, I did not learn until high school that tacos do not normally have refried beans mixed in with the meat. My mom did that to stretch the meat so that she could feed 9 people. Most kids do not love Bonanza, Andy Griffith and The Brady Bunch. I learned that most seven year olds do not want a sewing machine for Christmas. I learned that most 11 year olds do not want a perm. Also, most adults do not listen to Adventures in Odyssey when they fall asleep...yeah...me neither.

But one of the weirder things that I have noticed is childhood crushes.

Now of course naturally I had a crush on the kid from the homeschool group who I used to race at the skating rink on the homeschool skate day. First thursday of every month. He was so fast. Now I was fast too, but I was impressed by this kid. Now that is pretty normal, roller blading was awesome.

What is weird is that I now realize that most of my friends had celebrity crushes that were very different than mine.

Now of course I did not listen to Backstreet Boys or 'N Sync (I now love thme). I probably was not allowed to. I was too busy listening to Stephen Curtis Chapman, Plus One, and The Beatles. Most girls were in love with Justin Timberlake, Zack Morris, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Orlando Bloom (ok I did like him), or Erik Von Detten (Brink!)

Here were my four biggest crushes.

In third place was Matt Theissen from Relient K. I had some posters up in my room that I am pretty sure I got from my Brio Magazine.


In second place we have Peter Pevensie from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Now some of you are probably like...totally normal. I loved that movie. However, I am talking about the BBC movie. Man I loved it. I own all of the BBC Narnia films. High King Peter in my mind was awesome. 


Now first place is a tie.

Gilbert Blythe. To this day Anne of Green Gables is my favorite movie. Yes, I know this is embarrassing, that is why I do not watch it with other people. I think they will ruin it for me. Gilbert is the best. I'm pretty sure I still have a crush on him.


And last, but most certainly not least. Macgyver.


The hair. Being able to fix anything. Who wouldn't have a crush on him??!!

So if you ever wondered what I was like as a child. This gives you a pretty good idea.

cd


No comments:

Post a Comment